Thursday, March 3, 2011

NYC Trip

Well I just purchased the last thing that we needed for our trip to the big apple.  I bought passes for the double decker bus (which I took in May with some friends and LOVED it) and that was the last thing we needed.  Now the only thing we have to worry about paying for is food while there.  I am so excited to spend the weekend with Ty there.  He has never been so I figured that would be the best birthday present to surprise him with.  Well, it's no surprise now because he knows about it but he is really excited too.  His birthday is on the 27 which happens to be on a Sunday so we will be celebrating his birthday weekend there :)  Since it is going to be just a weekend trip we aren't doing too much.  Just enough to cross some of the "must see in NYC" stuff off the list.  We are taking a bus from Alexandria (which is about a 4 hour bus ride) on Friday night and coming back that Sunday afternoon.  I bought us tickets to see Spider Man on Broadway (because Ty loves comic book heroes) which I'm actually kinda excited about seeing.  When I was up there in May I saw posters advertising it and thought it was going to be really dumb.  Well after a few months of performing, they have great reviews so I am really looking forward to it.  Let's just hope that none of the actors get hurt before then so they don't have to shut down the show for awhile (like they have in the past).  Like I said earlier, we are doing the double decker bus which covers all of the important things in NYC (places like the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Times Square, Little Italy, Rockefeller Center, etc.).  I am so very excited about this trip..... 3 weeks from tomorrow!

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment